At Harvest Lane Honey we started out selling lip balm and hand soap at fairs and festivals. These beeswax products were the biggest hits because of how well they work. Everyone talked about how their chapped lips would heal quickly and always asked us what the secret was.
Well, here we are sharing our best keep secret! We use all natural moisturizers like beeswax, almond essential oil, shea butter, and coconut oil.
Beeswax is a natural humectant that pulls moisture into the skin, which helps dry, cracked lips and hands. The almond oil that is in the chapstick helps treat dry skin by removing dead skin cells and protecting it from UV rays. The shea butter and coconut oil hold the moisture in, which is why having all these ingredients together makes this a much sought after lip balm.
- 1/4 cup beeswax
- 1/4 cup shea butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp almond essential oils
- Empty lip balm tubes
- In a heat-safe bowl nestled on top of a pot of simmering water over medium low heat, combine beeswax, shea butter, and coconut oil.
- Heat for about 10 minutes until the mixture is completely melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in almond essential oils.
- Pour the mixture into a glass cup or a measuring cup with a spout.
- Carefully pour into the empty lip balm tubes and fill them up to the top.
- Let them cool for 30 minutes before putting on the cap.