Pavlova is a lite and delicious traditional New Zealand treat. Perfect for anytime.
- 3 Egg whites
- 1 t. Distilled vinegar
- 3 T. Cold water
- 1 t Vanilla extract
- 1 C. Sugar
- 3 t. Cornstarch
- 3 C. Berries
- 1 C. Fresh raw honey
- 1 t. Lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 1/2 Lemon zest
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat over to 300 degrees F (150 C)
- Beat egg white until stiff
- Add cold water
- Beat again
- While still beating add sugar very slowly 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Slow the beating speed and add vinegar, vanilla and cornstarch.
- On a parchment lined cookie sheet pour mixture in the center. forming a circular mound, creating a valley or divot in the center.
- Bake for 45 minutes at the end of baking keep the door shut and allow the cake to cool completely before removing.
- While cake is baking and cooling, wash and slice your berry mixture. We use strawberries, blueberries, cherries, and blackberries).
- Add lemon juice and lemon zest into the mixture and coat the fruit.
- Pour raw honey on top of the berry mixture and combined until the fruit is coated.
- Chill the mixture in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Once the cake is cooled place the berry mixture in the center. You can drizzle honey or sprinkle the powder sugar across the top. We like to serve with fresh whipped cream.
Resist the urge to open the oven while the meringue is baking or cooling. This will help prevent cracking.