Learn how to make your own oil pastels! These pastels are vibrant fun, and eco-friendly for the planet. This is also another fun art project that you can hop on.
- 6 tablespoons of beeswax
- 2 tablespoons of walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons of earth and mineral pigments (listed below)
- Tin can, and pot
- Oil pastel molds
- Measuring cup
Red – Australian red clay
Pink – Beetroot powder
Yellow - Turmeric powder
Black – Activated charcoal
Brown – cocoa powder
- Create a double boiler with the tin can, and pot. Add an inch of water to the pot and place the tin can in the middle of the pot.
- Mix the beeswax and walnut oil together. Make sure to mix well.
- Place the mixture in the mixing cup with the different powders. Mix well and fast.
- Pour mix into the mold.
- The pastels will be ready on 24hrs.
- After 24hrs they are ready to use! (We suggest adding tinfoil around the sticks)