Making shampoo, and conditioner is easier than it sounds! Follow these instructions and realize how easy and amazing these products are for your hair.
- 2.3 grams of Solanum AX
- 5 grams of Vegetable Glycerine
- 5 grams of Coco-Glucoside and Glyceryl Oleate
- 5 grams of Natra Prep Pea (pea extract)
- 1 gram of essential oil (we suggest mint or peppermint)
- 1 gram of honey
- 1 gram of melted beeswax
- 1.5 grams of Geogard Ultra
- 1 gram of panthenol powder (vitamin b5)
- 24 grams of Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside
- 15 grams Cocamidopropyl Betaine
- 40.2 grams of distilled water
- Shampoo bottle
- Ph meter
Weigh the Solagum AX, glycerin, Lamesoft PO 65, pea extract, essential oil, Geogard Ultra, melted beeswax, honey, and panthenol (Vitamin B5) into a beaker and whisk/stir thoroughly to combine. Be sure the Solagum AX is very thoroughly distributed.
Add the Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside and Cocamidopropyl Betaine. Stir slowly to combine. Mix well.
Gently add the water, pouring it over your stirring implement to break its fall. Gently stir the shampoo every 3 minutes for about 20 minutes. This helps the Solagum AX hydrate evenly rather than settling to the bottom and fusing into a solid lump that has to be aggressively stirred later on to incorporate.
Cover the shampoo, leaving the Solagum AX to fully hydrate and the Geogard Ultra to dissolve for about 2-3 hours.
Once everything has hydrated and dissolved, give the shampoo a stir to make sure everything is mixed well.
To test and adjust the pH create a 10% dilution by weighing 2g product and 18g distilled water into a small bowl or beaker and whisk to combine. Check the pH with your pH meter. Depending on the shape of your bowl/beaker you may need to tilt it to fully submerge the sensor on your pH meter. The pH should fall around 4.5. Aim for a range of 4–6 for hair health.
When the pH level is right you can add the shampoo to the bottle and use it.
Warning: If you have had the shampoo for a long period of time, look out for a smell, mold, discolor, or texture. If you see or smell this, please discard.
Leave in Conditioner
- 5-6 ounces of Coconut oil
- 4 ounces of Shea butter
- 1-2 ounces of beeswax
- 1 ounce of argan oil
- 1 ounce of jojoba oil
- 6 drops of essential oil (optional)
- 4 grams of Aloe leaf extract (optional)
- In a glass mason jar add the coconut oil, shea butter, jojoba oil, and argan oil into it. Put the jar in a pot with an inch of water on the lowest setting. Melt and stir together. Mix well.
- Add the beeswax. Start off with less until you get the consistency is the right texture for you. Mix well.
- Mix the essential oil, and aloe leaf extract together.
- Add it into a container.
Enjoy your homemade leave-in beeswax conditioner!