In addition to its use as a natural sweetener, honey is useful as an anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antibacterial agent.SKIN CARE
- Exfoliant: Honey is a naturally gentle exfoliant for your skin.
- Acne Relief: It is especially helpful for those who struggle with acne because of raw honey’s antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. Honey helps to calm the skin. Just wet your face and gently massage in raw honey and let sit for 15-30 minutes. Rinse.
- Dry, Cracked Lips: Honey is wonderful for healing dry, cracked lips. Simply rub some raw honey on lips and let it soak in. Try hard not to lick your lips!
- Facial Rejuvenation: Raw honey is exceptional for skin rejuvenation due to its anti-inflammatory properties. Simply smear raw honey on your clean face and let it work for 15-30 minutes, then rinse.
- Burns & Wounds: Many hospitals and treatment centers have begun utilizing honey due to it’s natural antimicrobial and drying properties from the simple sugars.
- Sore Throat & Cough Syrup: Honey is a natural cough suppressant that may also help reduce inflamed sinus tissues. Simply enjoy a delicious spoonful or add to your favorite calming tea.
- Blood Sugar Stabilization: Honey's perfect combination of glucose and fructose assists the body in naturally regulating blood sugar levels.
- Seasonal Allergies: Honey can contain traces of flower pollen — a known allergen. One way to combat allergies is to introduce repeated exposure to small amounts of the allergen. Honey can also help with inflamed nasal passages.
- Natural Sweetener: Use as a natural sweetener (with benefits!) on many of your favorite foods like: ham, yogurt, ice cream, banana pancakes and more!
- Check our more honey recipes here!