Help insulate your hive against cold and harsh weather. The Harvest Lane Honey Hive Wrap is intended to wrap around 1 beehive ( 2 deep boxes ) and provided insulation. Helping your hive stay warm in cold and harsh weather.
- Wraps around the center of two deep hive boxes
- Helps to provide insulation to the hive
- Easy to install
- Use 1 hive wrap per hive
How To Install:
- Tools Needed-1 hand stapler (and appropriate size staples) T-50 1/4" staple is recommended.
- Start by stapling one side of the Hive wrap in the middle of the long side or back of the hive (non entrance).
- Line the wrap up to make sure you are not blocking the entrance of the hive.
- Place 3-6 staples down the side of the wrap to secure it in place.
- Wrap the wrap around the hive and staple as you see fit.
- As you wrap you can crease at each of the corners for a more secure wrap.
- Secure the last edge with 3-6 staples to finish securing the wrap.
- The wrap will overlay its self at the end.
- Make sure not to block the entrance, you can cut a hole for the entrance if you are not able to prevent blocking. (if you block the entrance your bees will not be able to get out and will not survive).
- Repeat steps if you choose to use a second wrap for added insulation.
Use on the hive when temps are consistently below freezing, remove off the hive in the early spring after temps are consistently above freezing.