Preserve your garden bed wood frames with a non-toxic, eco-friendly sealant using our beeswax recipe. Using this recipe will protect your garden from many outdoor elements and preserve the wood. This is a great recipe that will save your garden!
- ¼ cup of beeswax
- 1 cup of walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons of finely ground wood charcoal
- Double boiler (if you don’t have a double boiler see steps below on how to make one)
- 1 10-ounce jar with a lid
- Melt the beeswax, and walnut oil in a double boiler, or if you don’t have to get a measuring cup, and pot. Add an inch of water to the pot and place the measuring cup in the middle of the pot. Put the heat on medium and mix them well together.
- Once the beeswax and walnut oil are melted mix well and add the charcoal. Mix this well together.
- Put it into the jar, and let it cool for 90 minutes.
- Apply on wood after 90 minutes, then reapply again in 24hrs to get the best effect out of it.
- Enjoy your nontoxic beeswax sealant, as well with your toxic-free garden!