Beeswax has many beneficial health and beauty properties. Using beeswax in body butter helps create a light coating over the skin that traps natural moisture in the skin. This is a great product if you have dry skin.
- 6 ounces of coconut oil
- 3 ounces of shea butter
- 1.5-ounce beeswax
- 2 tsp of corn starch
- 6 drops of vitamin E oil
- 12 drops of lavender essential oil
- Double boiler (see instructions down below if you don’t have that)
- Hand blender
- Using the double boiler or if you don’t have a double boil place a smaller pot in a bigger pot that is filled with one inch of water. Bring the water to a low simmer. Melt coconut oil, shea butter, beeswax, and corn starch gently until all are liquid. Blend well to mix ingredients.
- Remove the top pot, and let it cool for 3 minutes. Add the vitamin E, and essential oil then stir well.
- Place in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes.
- Use a mixer to whip the ingredients together until they cool and thicken. Make sure that the mixture is thicker than lotion.
Enjoy your body butter!