When choosing a location for your new hive some things to consider are:
- Choose a site that is away from high traffic areas or play areas.
- Face the entrance of the hive away from play and work areas.
- Provide an additional water source.
- Face the entrance away from winds that commonly blow.
- Make sure the hive is at least 12"-14" off of the ground to help with any rain water, snow fall or predators.
Things To Note:
- The Entrance is like the runway at an airport it is very active.
- Bees will always fly in and out the same direction.