If you’re reading this, it means that you have given at least some thought about beekeeping. Whether you’re looking for a new hobby, want to make some money on the side, want to help "save the bees" or want to have access to delicious raw honey, you’ve come to the right place. Beekeeping is a fun and rewarding hobby that’s not as difficult as you might think.
Chock full of valuable information, you'll learn directly from expert beekeepers about how to start on Day 1 of your beekeeping journey!
Keeping bees can be very rewarding, and requires minimal effort.
Download the "Beginner Beekeeping Guide" and get started on your Beekeeping journey! Learn from our Beekeeping experts that have spent years tending to, growing colonies and learning about bees.
Our extensive, in-depth guide explains the following for beginner beekeepers to get started:
- Getting Started Beekeeping
- What supplies to I need to begin beekeeping?
- When is the best time to purchase beekeeping supplies?
- Beekeeper's Calendar (of things to do)
- Learning about Beekeeping (links, clubs, associations, etc)
- How to select protective clothing
- Smokers: What are they used for, how to light, smoke and extinguish a smoker
- How to setup a beehive
- What bees are right for beginners and my needs?
- How and where to get bees for your beehive
- How do I add bees to my beehive?
- How and when to expand your hive by adding more hive boxes
- Medium & Deep hive boxes - which is right for you?
- 8 & 10 Frame Boxes - pros and cons to help you decide
- When and how to harvest honey from your frames
- Beekeeping FAQs
- Dealing with Hive Beetles and Mites